About Lorin Ford
Lorin Ford is haiku editor for the online haikai journal, 'A Hundred Gourds'. Lorin's haiku have been widely published in Australian and overseas journals and anthologies. Her credits include first prize in the 6th and 7th paper wasp Jack Stamm awards, in 2005 and 2006, first prize in the Shiki Salon Annual Haiku Awards 2005 -- free format category, Winner -- The Haiku Calendar Competition 2010, first prize - contemporary category, THF's 'Haiku Now! 2010 Contest' and first prize Katikati Haiku Competition 2012. Her first haiku collection, 'a wattle seedpod', was awarded first place in the Haiku Society of America Mildred Kanterman Memorial Merit Book Awards, 2009. More information may be found in her responses to Curtis Dunlap’s Three Questions at Blogging Along Tobacco Road and on the editors page of A Hundred Gourds.
By Lorin Ford:
- thunderbolt . . .
- . . .
- old pond . . .
- . . .
- new galaxy . . .
- beyond the black stump a shiver of ghost gums&hell . . .
- seen through a reef shark my dependency . . .
- mackerel clouds . . .
- still some swagger . . .
- green field . . .
- the road home each bend unwinding an earlier versi . . .
- waltzing matilda two beats ahead of the rain&helli . . .
- migrating geese— . . .
- where creek willows weave the sunlight ducklings&h . . .
- thunderbolt--- . . .
- sun-baked dust— . . .
- drizzle and mud— . . .
- on a bare twig rain beads what light there is&hell . . .
- owl’s call sounding the depth of a winter night& . . .
- commuter platform . . .